Mr. H Reports from the Road

This is a blog that tells of my adventures of being on the road in a big truck. I'm pretty new at this but have adjusted very well! Enjoy the stories I have to tell from the road:)



Mr. H


Friday, July 8, 2011

Breakfast At The Clinton Diner!

List of the history on the back of the menu!


This little diner is pretty famous!


Look in the bottom left corner and there is a picture of the owner and Robert DeNero:)




It's a busy little street!



Look to the right you can see my dually!


So Cool!


Hi Everyone,

I didn't get to go in and have breakfast but mom was really excited that they got to eat at such a famous little diner. Everyone was really nice and mom likes hearing the people here talk. The food was really good so I am told I didn't get any:( Mom did get pictures and I am hoping that we get to go back for lunch and then I have been promised to get something!! That had better happen or I might just run away from home to Aunt Angie's house! Abby always gets the good stuff and now that she is going to be baking her little paws off maybe she could use some help:) Mom I AM threatening you!!! From the back of the souvenier menu: Neighborhood History from the Forgotten Tour #27(http://www.forgotten-ny.com)govenor/ DeWitt Clinton (1769-1828) who held every important office in New York State at one time or another in the early 1800's planned the Erie Canal from his Maspeth waterside retreat, which he had inherited from his father-in-law wealthy Manhatten merchant, Walter Franklin. Citizens converted the grounds of the Sackett-Clinton House into a park around 1910, but could not keep the house from burning down in 1933. The entire area is now covered with industry, revealing no trace of the mansion that was once there. The mansion was located 1 block away from the Clinton Diner on 56th Terrace. The diner has been there since 1935. How cool is all that? Mrs. B's is also quite impressed with our travel plans this trip! Keep putting your best paw forward! Mr. H:)

No comments: