Mr. H Reports from the Road

This is a blog that tells of my adventures of being on the road in a big truck. I'm pretty new at this but have adjusted very well! Enjoy the stories I have to tell from the road:)



Mr. H


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Remembering Bette!

Me & Mom by Lisa's Truck

Last night there was a beautiful rainbow!


Lisa on top of her truck this morning wiping it down.

The truck is owned by Valley Chrome Plating and Lisa drives it to the truck shows.

Hi Everyone,
Last night mom and I went to Walcott, IA. They have a truck show there every year and mom went for several years and made many friends. We stayed with her friend Lisa and when we picked her up at the truck stop they talked about Bette a friend they lost in Nov. of 2008. She took pictures of trucks and truckers and her and mom were best friends. She misses her terribly. Bette used to ride with mom and would take pictures for her stock photography and get story ideas. Everyone misses her so much!!! She wrote 4 books about custom trucks and the drivers that drove them. If you would be interested go to Barnes & Noble or Amazon and look for the author Bette S. Garber. The truck show is the Walcott Truckers Jamboree and they have a lot there and mom would have more pictures had her camera not got in my dog water bowl! But her friends Lisa and Heather were kind enough to take a couple pictures and send them to mom. Thank you both VERY much! Mom really enjoyed seeing her old friends and of course they all loved me! I get that a lot everywhere I go. Mom tells me that she knows Bette would have loved me too! Mom will get more information on how to get pictures of the Jamboree they have a working class truck show and an antique truck show and there chrome shop is the biggest anywhere with 3 trucks inside the showroom! It all looked pretty big to a little guy like me! Hope you are all beating the heat and staying cool. Tomorrow I get to go to doggie daycare:):):) Play with all my friends and when mom picks me up tomorrow night I will be pooped! That is mom's plan but it's ok with me what doggie wouldn't love getting to play all day? More later now go out there and put your best paw forward! Mr. H:)

No comments: