Mr. H Reports from the Road

This is a blog that tells of my adventures of being on the road in a big truck. I'm pretty new at this but have adjusted very well! Enjoy the stories I have to tell from the road:)



Mr. H


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thank You Trevor!


The line drawing that Trevor did of mom's old truck.

Hi Everyone,
Mom is back home from walking this morning and she's going to update my blog (ok Abby your mom's turn:). Mom wants to share with you the picture that Trevor did of her old truck. It's all done with lines and shading and she thinks it's pretty cool. Those of you who have books know Trevor is the young man that wrote the poem for Gma Mary from the puppies. But he also writes poems and does truck drawings and paintings for the same magazine that mom writes for. For anyone who would like to see more of his work you can go to http://www.tenfourmagazine.com/ then click on Archived Articles Regular Columns and then click on Peotry in Motion. Mom thought that she would put Trevor's poem to Gma Mary here today. I know that all the SBG puppies feel the same way. We love you Gma, Gpa and Nanny Janice:):)

Puppy Love

I rememberthe very first time
I opened up my eyes
Grandma Mary picked me up
And comforted my sighs
I wagged my tail and licked her face
And licked and licked some more
Then she put me on her lap
That's what grandma laps are for

I was born a cocker spaniel
I'm not an ordinary pup
I am loved much more than most
When grandma picks me up

I kiss her face, I chase her feet
I yap and play all night
And when I'm scared, I cry for her
She makes me feel alright

A puppy's life is hard, you know
There are lots of things to do
I eat and sleep and chew on things
And then I've gotta poo

I can't say how blessed I am
So I just wag my tail
I can't say "come play with me"
So I just bark and whail

I can't say "I love you"
If the moment should arise
So I just say "I love you"
In my little puppy eyes

So thank you Grandma Mary
For not leaving me alone
For finding me a family
And for finding me a home.

No comments: